18 September 2023
Terms And Conditions For Show Me The Science Design a Microbe prize draw (UK)
(1) The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. Parental/guardian consent is required for entrants under the age of 18.
(2) The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary
(3) Entries must be submitted via social media with a publicly visible tag for Show Me The Science (@ShowMeTheSci, Facebook.com/showmethesci, Twitter.com/showmethesci, x.com/showmethesci Instagram.com/showmethesci), and you are allowed one entry per person.
(4) The opening date for entries is 00:01 on 19th September 2023. The closing date of the prize draw is 23:59 on 31st March 2024. Entries received after this time will not be counted or valid.
(5) Up to one (1) prize draw will be completed at the end of each calendar month for entries received in that calendar month.
(6) One (1) winner each calendar month will be chosen by random draw [performed by a computer process OR supervised by an independent person].
(7) The winner will receive one Giant Microbe plush toy, or Giant Microbe keyring of their choice (depending on available stock). Current stock lists will be provided upon notification from which the winner can select.
(8) The winner will be notified by social media or email within seven (7) days of the monthly closing date, and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond to the Promoter within 48 hours of being notified by the Promoter, then the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
(9) The prize will be sent to the winner within seven (7) days of being notified of their win and address details confirmed.
(10) The prize for the winner is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is offered.
(11) The prize is supplied Show Me The Science, 28 Ventnor Road, Cwmbran, NP44 3JZ (the “Supplier”). The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond its control makes it necessary to do so.
(12) The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into about it.
(13) The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails email@example.com or writes to 28 Ventnor Road, Cwmbran, NP44 3JZ (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within [one] month after the final monthly closing date stated in condition 4. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
(14) Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. If a participant breaches these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to that participant.
(15) The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the promotion where necessary at any time.
(16) Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors (whether acting in their capacity as such or not) and/or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
(18) The prize draw will be governed by Welsh law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the Welsh courts.
(19) The Promoter of this prize draw is Show Me The Science of 28 Ventnor Road, Cwmbran, NP44 3JZ.